Sunday, June 30, 2013

Visions of angels

At the albergue at Cizur Minor there was an Episcopalian priest who mentioned that each time we say "Buen Camino" too each other we are giving each other a blessing. 
Somewhere between Viana and Logrono there was a roadside stand attended by an older, plump woman who was selling Camino items and stamping passports. [At the end of the Camino I had learned that she was a well known figure along the Way. I bought a blue Camino bandana there, which I think I lost later along the Via Romana.]
Just a few yards down the road there was a little girl perhaps four years old holding a stuffed animal toy by the arm. Walking ahead of me in the same direction, she veered left and sat on the front step of a house. Looking up she saw me with all my gear and offered me the most adorable "Buen Camino" with a cute smile. Nothing mystical or profound, just a blessing from a sweet little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment