Sunday, July 21, 2013

Getting Closer

"When will I come to the end of my pilgrimage and enter the presence of God?"
Liturgy of the Hours, antiphon for morning prayer, Week II



There are two nights left until entering Santiago and ending the Camino. I can feel the excitement from people hee that I've met along the way. People are making plans for tomorrow night, the last night. Some of us are ready to camp under the stars with sleeping mats and sleeping bags because all of the albergues are already booked. A group of us are leaving well before dawn to try and beat the crowds, but we are accepting of the possibility of a night outdoors. People  speak of plans for the Pilgrims' Mass and  some continuing to Finisterre.Underneath   all the adrenalin is a melancholy barely perceived, but well known by each pilgrim. A cheer of "we're almost there" resonates with an undertone of "it soon we be over."





No comments:

Post a Comment