Saturday, July 6, 2013

Spain in July

Yesterday was hot and dry. Drinking water along the Camino is essential. I think  yesterday's walk to Boadilla was 18 or so miles. It was very hot and dry. Making it is easier was the company of two companions that I had met even before starting the Camino at the station in Pamplona waiting for the bus to Saint Jean to begin journey. 

The last mile was difficult. Within sight of Boadilla, my body was sending signals - fatigue, ever so slight nausea. I excused myself from my companions, told them I really needed to stop and that I would catch up with them later in town. I found a simple ten minute stop for water in the shade of a lonely poplar tree was all that I needed to finish the last leg of a long day. Today's journey from Boadilla to Carrion was just as hot and dry, but starting before sunrise made the walk so much more bearable. The mornings are better for this kind of pilgrim walking - not only that, but also opportunity for a beautiful sunrise behind me.


No comments:

Post a Comment