Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Crocodile Hunter 7/14

Tonight at the Ostello sponsored by the Franciscan Capuccini (OFM Cap.), there are three other pilgrims here. Two are a young French couple, maybe just post college, who I first met in Santa Cristina. They also were on the ferry across the Po with me. Oliver does all the cooking and Flo is very appreciative of that. 
Another pilgrim, who I have met for the first time here at this Ostello, is an Italian named Marco. At first sight he asked me in English, "Are you the American, Bryan?  I have heard about you." I was a bit shocked. My only reply with a smile was, "nothing bad, I hope."
It seems that he had also met Oliver and Flo who knew my name and told him about me and that I wore a wide brimmed sun hat, similar to what Marco wears. Also, in the small town of Siccomonte he encountered some children who had said that an American crocodile hunter had filled up his water bottles there a day before. In the imaginations of these children the wide, floppy hat worn by an American could only possibly mean "crocodile hunter." Marco, a very friendly and amiable fellow enjoyed telling that story. Too funny.

1 comment: