All the Pilgrims stayed at Santa Luisa at which the well known Suor Genetta hosts pilgrims. Not only pilgrims, but she also feed anyone who is hungry and sponsors many charitable services at the church. It seems many people in Italy know about her because of a television news show highlighting her work.
The Sunday readings recently have been focused on the feeding of the five thousand and the bread of life discourse in John's Goapel. It wasn't Jesus who fed the five thousands, it was the Apostles. Or rather, it was their relationship with Jesus and the boy with the five loaves of barley bread that allowed for them to feed the five thousand. Because of Suor Genetta and her relationship with Jesus she has fed even more,
I am not sure of the name of the religious order that all the Suori belong to, but I did join them in evening prayer, Vespri, that evening. I hope that I can join them in spirit and in action in what they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment