Where am I sleeping tonight? Where can I buy some food for dinner - cheap? How can I deal with these blisters? I never had them so bad in Spain on the Camino. I wish this shower had a tad more pressure than a trickle. What's the plan for tomorrow's walk? Etc.
No spiritual thoughts at all. I wonder if Jesus had strings of days when he would only be concerned with physical matters. However, it seems that asking the question, "Did Jesus have such days?" Is in itself a spiritual question.
This is the lower more ancient Church of San Donino, the patron saint of this city of Fidenza of whom the people are very proud. Notice how he was martyred.The upper "newer" church built over the older one is made in the architectural style of the Romanesque churches along the Camino de Santiago - pre-12th century, I think I heard someone speaking very fast Italian say.





No comments:
Post a Comment